Hello! My name is Char. Thank you for visiting my blog, CallCrafts. I am a wife and mother who LOVES to make her house look pretty. I’ve discovered that it’s very affordable to add flair and style to your home without spending hours completing the project. I’ll be sharing printables I’ve loved, printables I’ve created, and tips to make your home gorgeous on a budget. Read more about me in My Story.
Disclaimer: If you are someone who needs to measure and/or have a template, this is not the post for you. If you like to have a bit of freedom and don't mind “eye-balling” it, welcome! Also, this isn't made to be sold, therefore it is a little amteaur-ish. It's made for a baby who will probably end up getting drool all over it. It's a fun little extra flair that only took an hour to make - and only costs $0.25.
Ok, now that's over with, let's get started. I got this little frog as a gift from one of my former students. I've decided that this frog and my baby are going to be best friends. I named it, Lil’ Joey. If you’ve seen my other post, my nursery is Superhero themed. So why not create a superhero costume for this adorable stuffed frog?
It was one of those mornings where you wake up and are super ready to get things done. I was determined to make this costume. I started by making a stencil for the mask. I marked where his eyes were against the paper and drew out the stencil for the mask from there. I adjusted the shape to where I was satisfied and then cut it out.
I would’ve then used the stencil to cut out the mask on a piece of felt, but I didn't have the color I wanted. I got it later on that day at Walmart for $0.25 (including sales tax).
Then I moved on to the cape. This was longer/harder part. First, I made sure the felt was able to be wrapped around his neck. After that, I used a spool of ribbon to cut out a round shape for the felt to wrap around the back of its neck.
From there, I “eyeballed” how much of the felt I needed to cut off so the front looked more like a neck strap, thus creating a cape look rather than a cloak look.
With a sharpie, I marked where I should cut to create the neck strap in the front. Then I marked where his shoulder was and angled it out to meet with the corner at the bottom for an A-shape. Then I cut it out.